These instructions work for both posts and pages in WordPress.
- Type the words that are going to link somewhere.
- Select those words with the mouse.
- Click the editor button that looks like a link in the chain. (This button doesn’t get activated till you select the text.)
- Fill in the Link URL box. To link to a web page, the address should be: https://www.whatever.com. Don’t forget the https://. To make the link trigger an email to someone, remove the https:// from the Link URL box and type mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Insert.
- Click Publish/Update back in the Add New Post/Edit Post screen.
You can link a picture too. Just insert the picture as usual, and then click it picture once (in the editor) and then follow steps 3 to 5 above.